The Purposes of The Poodle Club of America
1) To encourage and promote the owning, breeding and training of pure bred poodles and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection.
2) To encourage the organization of independent local Poodle Specialty Clubs in those localities where there are sufficient fanciers of the breed to meet the requirements of the American Kennel Club.
3) To urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by the American Kennel Club as to the only standard of excellence by which Poodles shall be judged.
4) To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed and to encourage sportsmanlike competition at dog shows, field trials and obedience trials.
5) To conduct sanctioned and licensed specialty shows, field trials and obedience trials under the rules and regulations of the American Kennel Club.
Article II, Purposes, Section 1 through 5, Amendments to the By-laws of the Poodle Club of America, Inc.